Friday, October 6, 2017

Featured Photographer: Marija Vidovic





"My name is Marija, I’m 26. From Belgrade, Serbia.
I drink coffee and play ping pong with my friends.
When I was in high school, we had a photo lab, 
 first time I saw a photograph being developed, I rushed to find a camera.
 That’s how I started. It has been about 10 years now and
I always have a camera with me, no matter where I am. "









“When you consider a singing horse, it’s not about what he sings or how well he sings,
 it's about the fact that he sings at all.”












"An event photographed, becomes something else, like a symbol or a secret. 
You know only this fraction of a second inside the frame, and everything else you need to imagine. 
I love making these secrets."















"Being a photographer has taught me to be more open. 
For example, I would just start a conversation with a stranger, 
even if I'm not going to take any pictures. 
So, when you are more open and you notice people, 
and you are not afraid of communication, then everything else flows."
















(Interview by Carli Vogel)









No comments:

Post a Comment